Tell us what you know about cancer
We are from Healthwatch Enfield. We are an independent organisation which listens to local people, like you, who use health and social care services. We review, monitor, and provide information about local services e.g. care homes, GPs, hospitals etc, so we can make improvements. We’d like to talk to you about keeping healthy and living well.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to complete this survey. We are completing this project in partnership with Enfield Council. The survey will inform us about how aware Enfield's residents are of potential cancer symptoms. This will then help us to inform residents in a better way about the symptoms to look out for and how to reduce the risk of cancer. Spotting cancer early means treatment is more likely to be successful.
This question requires an answer
1. Please note that any information we keep about you is held on secure client database. We treat all information confidentially and will share only anonymised information with our Board of Directors and through our Board papers.
Are you happy for the information you give us to be stored and used in this way? *
2. First, we will ask what you know about the warning signs of cancers. Please name
up to 3 warning signs of cancer:
3. Do you think the following could be a sign of cancer? Please tick one per row:
4. What things do you think affect a person's chance of developing cancer? Please name up to 3 causes of cancer:
5. Do you think the following can increase a person's risk of developing cancer? Please tick one per row:
6. Cancer screening is to test apparently healthy people for signs of a cancer. Usually
you would be invited to take the test without asking for it. Please name which three
cancers are in the screening programme in England?
7. If you are invited for cancer screening, will you take it?
8. If you have a family member who is invited for cancer screening, would you encourage them to take it?
9. Where would you like to see/hear information about cancer in a local campaign? Please choose 3 from the list below:
10. To enable us to better understand your views please answer the following questions. Any information you provide will be managed, stored and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
How old are you?
11. Are your day to day activities limited because of a health problem or disability which has lasted, or expected to last, at least 12 months?
12. Which languages do you speak?
13. How would you describe your ethnic origin?
14. What is your postcode?
16. Have you heard of Healthwatch Enfield before today?
17. Would you like to sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date about the work we do?